Monday, August 29, 2011

i love wine

and I love wine country..

Just went on an amazing trip to Calistoga, CA (about 1hr from here) to visit my bff and wine buff/tour guide, Logan Smyser! 

I was lucky enough to get a wonderful tour, from Miss Logan herself, of the Italian castle also known as Castello di Amorosa, or the castle of love. I totally recommend getting a tour and wine tasting there! Awesome wine and awesome views.

For late night drinks we hit up Solage (a 4 star hotel in the area) which was in---credible. I felt like a celeb.

Next day we hit up 2 more wineries, Vincent Arroyo winery, and got a free tour and tasting from Vincent Arroyo himself! What an experience that was! 

And then of course, we hit up Chateau Montelena, famous from the 1973 blind Chardonnay test that beat the French...anyone see Bottleshock?

The whole trip was amazing and it was even better to reunite with my friend!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)